Cake, it’s the perfect accompaniment for a great cup of coffee when your out and about. But you know what they say ‘you cant judge a book by its cover’. Not all coffee shops can ‘make the cut’. Their cakes and pastries look great in the display but how ripped off do you feel when you just used your lovely morning coffee to swill down that dry cardboard excuse for a cake.
Choose your poison
Cake is my poison. It’s delectable. You can drink your wine. I choose cake. No need for a hangover you just have it with a nice roasted coffee, sit back and enjoy the world go by. If you can’t get great cake though it’s important to have a standby.
Standby cake is cake we cake connoisseurs kick back on. When you know the cakes ‘don’t fit the bill’ standby cake is the answer. Its reliable and dependable and more importantly, edible. Still ‘it’s nothing to write home about’.
Will you have cake with that coffee maam? Sell me your cake and I’ll grab a coffee. Cake, it’s no afterthought. I want to have my cake and eat it too!
D GRANT 2020
- You can’t have your cake and eat it too – can’t have everything your own way
- Make thecut – meet an expected standard
- You can’t judge a book by its cover – just cause it looks good doesn’t mean it will be any good
- don’t fit the bill – dont meet with your expectations
- Nothing to write home about – average middle of the road